Nexus Shelves Installed!

Yesterday, I finally took the effort to install the 'Nexus' shelves. I call them 'Nexus' shelving solution because it was first installed by a friend, nicknamed 'Nexus' and this shelving solution is never possible without his priceless advices. Hence, I'm tributing this shelves to him.

First, I need to work within a 120x80 cm space.
This is before production.


Next, I worked the items needs and cost:
  1. 90cm Steel spine - $6/ea x 2 from Hai Chew
  2. 10-inch Steel L-piece - $4.20/pair x 3 from Hai Chew
  3. Tempered glass shelves (120x26cm) - $16/ea x 3 from Ikea

After the shelves were installed, some of my Gundam backlogs and toys were transfered to the new 'Nexus shelves'.

An overview of the complete 'Nexus' shelving solution.

However, you might have realised where the missing glass go to?
  1. I have no need for it as yet.
  2. Ikea gives me crapy suction cups for mounting/securing glass on the L-piece. Some are pathetically short-molded.

Ikea got no quality-control!

Comments

Laurens said…
Your shelves r named after my nick?
Awww......u shouldn't hav...
And i mean it,u shouldn't hav,cos i dun wanna be taking any responsibilities if they were to come crashing down on ur printer and then thru the cabinet below which houses ur precious dvds.
Fun!!!

Anyway it looks cool.
Now its time to work on the other wall.