New Job

The start of the second day of my new appointment at my new company.
I had a brief orientation of the environment and the staff there.
But I cannot remember most of the names at all.
I was designated a laboratory at level 5 by my supervisor, Suresh and introduced to my colleague, Maria.
My office space is situated at level 6, where the main department.
Briefly, my department is divided into 2 sub teams, In vivo and Bioanalytics,
Maria, presently a TAP trainee, will be converted soon, is my only colleague under the In vivo team headed by Suresh.
While the other team are the rest of the girls headed by Olivier.
Hence, the only guys in my department are Olivier, Suresh and myself.
Olivier runs a lot of LC-MS and it will be great if I could learn something from them too.

Suresh and Olivier gave me a lunch treat at Raj Vegetarian Restaurant in Biopolis.
From then, I understood that they are both expats with a young family here.
The pantry at my workplace is great too. It provides canned beverage, biscuits and even a coffee maker.

My work desk is a cosy desk with my very own desktop that easily surpasses my home desktop. The window view over looks the Portsdown Detention Barracks and beyond. I am provided with my own line over IP Tel and even your very own name plaque.

This is definitely something different and foreign working environment to me.
It sure gonna take some time to adapt but that shouldn't be difficult for me, since I believe that self-confidence is a crucial factor.

Comments

Laurens said…
Can anyone say: more lab supplies?