Harvest Lighting System

The Harvest mini Fluorescent Lamp
I saw this in the cheapolata electical-household hardwares-chapalang shop. They come in 2 sizes. This is a metre long lamp while the other is slightly shorter. The price is reasonable too, this at SGD$10 and the shorter at SGD$8. Though I know that such OEM lamps in OEM packaging shouldn't be trusted, but for that price, it is definitely worth it. When the chinese store attendant was testing it out for me, it didn't work for the first and the second too. Then she adjusted the wire forcefully to get the bulb to light up. I was half-disheartened. However, when switching to another socket instead of their testor multi-sockets extension, we concluded that it was the loose sockets of the multi-sockets extension.
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

A crapy wire
When I got home to try, the wire that was given was crapy. The plug head needs to be bent at an awkward angle in order to have active connection, despite it fitting snugly into my socket points. I got a feeling the chinese beatch swapped the crap wire while I was browsing the spare tubes. I decided to use my crapped Enzer DVD's cable for the lamp (since such cables are generic) and viola! It works fine. Anyway, I'm gonna demand a change of wire (no wonder I saw loose wires dumped in the carton of Harvest mini lamps) with the receipt, since I know the lady boss is quite a soft lady from my previous 'purchase-not-contended-then-change' experiences. Whahaha!
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Pictured with Sony Ericsson K750i (auto WB/no flash)

Specifications
It is called 'mini-lamp' because the bulb is indeed mini compared to regular tube bulbs. The type I assume is 'F6 T5 21 Watts'.
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Pictured with Sony Ericsson K750i (macro/auto WB/no flash)

Dimension check
Comparison to stikfas G2 Alpha Male.
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Pictured with Sony Ericsson K750i (macro/auto WB/flash)

Illumination Radii Check
Radii of llumination was tested using generic settings.
Before - After
Image Hosted by ImageShack.usImage Hosted by ImageShack.us
Pictured with Sony Ericsson K750i (auto WB/no flash)

The Setup
The lamp is so narrow that it fits snugly into the groove between the drawer doors of my cabinet.
Before illumination - After illumination
Image Hosted by ImageShack.usImage Hosted by ImageShack.us
Pictured with Canon iXUS-40 (manual WB/0 EV/auto ISO)

The Results
Strike Rouge and Strike Freedom Gundam. Images were taken without tripod and still allowed sharp images, meaning that with my generic auto settings, there is sufficient light to allow the camera to operate with an auto fast shutter. At such a shutter speed, blurring of images are prevent.
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Pictured with Canon iXUS-40 (manual WB/0 EV/auto ISO/without tripod)

Comments

Laurens said…
Ur lamp u put directly abv & so close to ur kit ah.....the white parts of ur kit will become too white ah......