Botak Jones 3rd Bout - Clementi

Yes, call me a food scout or even a 'greedy pig',
because I have visited Botak Jones again.
Since my first visit at the AMK outlet, I visited it again 2 days later.
Today, I made my 3rd visit 3 days from the 2nd visit, except that this time is the Clementi outlet.

My colleague had been bugging me to bring her to Botak Jones, ever since I introduced her to them. She was quite a huge eater herself, despite her small and thin physique. We have had the intention to pay the new Clementi outlet a visit last Friday during lunch, but the heavy rain foiled our plans. Since they are closed on Mondays, today is the day!

She was leaping with joy, when we were going to 'BJs' (do not get the wrong idea, it is short for Botak Jones) for lunch today. Another colleague joined us. We took a short train ride to Clementi MRT station along Clementi Road Avenue 5, exited on the right-hand side (not the Clementi central side, but the residential side) and headed for Block 325.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Here we are! Look at my colleague, already ahead of me. Someone with such thin arms, don't really seem like she can take the same portion of food as me and more!

Ths stall is situated in a 'Kopitiam' coffee shop. The stall front was the familiar slogan and signages. This outlet was strangely managed by an indian man and a malay man, to my surprise, since they serve non-halal food. Nevertheless, the point is that they serve 'damn good food at a damn good price!'.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Missus in the picture is a member running the outlet.

The all so familiar chalkboard menu catalogs every item that they have. Even the 'extended slogan' is also the same as the AMK outlet's, 'If you don't look good, we don't look good by Vidal Sassoon. If you don't look good, we really don't care by Botak Jones'. They are closed on every Monday lah, so do not get yourself disappointed by visiting everyday!

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Tried 'You-Crazy-What', 'Cajun Chicken plate', 'Whoopass Cheesy Fries' and 'Swanky Franky'. What should I try today?

The standard issue sauces and cutlery were the same except that at the AMK outlet, they selectively give out HP Sauce (aka brown sauce or Worcester Sauce), while at the Clementi outlet, they issue out Malt Vinegar as standard issue.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
I wonder what it is to be used for or taken with?

We decided to play smart by ordering a variety to try instead of all having Botak Burger. I decided to give the hotdogs a second shot and ordered Hot & Spicy Pork Bratwurst set- $6.50. The price is damn good and so is the food. The set comes with a sausage in bun, spicy fries, salad and heaps of onion. I was initially quite disappointed by the size compared to the Swanky Franky. But after considering the price, difference and taste, I give no damn about it. The bratwurst's taste reminded me a lot of beef jerky. The stuffing is perfectly tender, char-grilled to the right texture and taste damn solid!

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
I just love heaps of bawang!

My 'forever-hungry' colleague decided that she must try the Botak Burger or she will regret it. I recommended her the single patty Botak Burger set with cheese - $6.50, in case she cannot finish her share. In fact, I was wrong!! At the end of the lunch, she felt that she could have a 'Double-Botak' burger only with no sweat. She have my salute!

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
She loves it. Even after this meal, she continued to give me the hysterically contended and happy look, suggestive that she is full.

The other colleague that joined us, ordered The 'Fish' Burger set - S$6. I had a taste of the breaded dory cutlet, it tasted excellent! The dory tasted uniquely sweet with a mild taste of salt. The bread crumbs coated skin was fried to a right level until golden brown, such that the minute I set them on my tongue, they 'crunched' at every bite. The fish also had a tasty tartar-like sauce over it. The 'Fish' burger and the Fish & Chips are actually the same, except that the burger had the buns!

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
I am definitely gonna try the Fish and Chips next!!

When will the next visit be? I have had Botak Jones for three times within 7 days. Will I ever grow sick of it? After today, I am one step closer to have sampled everything on their menu. What are you waiting for!? Get your lazy sloppy ass over to any of their outlets and try their Damn Good Food at a Damn Good Price!

technorati tags

Comments

Laurens said…
NB....i must try one of those hotdogs liao
WILLIAM TAN said…
saw the first picture?
their exhaust fumes are so much that they needed a tall and huge piping, else the level 2 thru 4 residents will have a smelly bedroom. LOL

you should try the fish and chips. They are really good!

You can pass on the Swanky Franky since yu've already sampled it. You can relive the good ol' beef jerky chewing days or have the beef sausage.