September, She turns 26

October is here and September has already ended in the blink of an eye.

September is always the most busy month of the year, because in September is when I will have to crack my brain, churn the brain juices and plan the celebration of very important dates.
Nope, it is not about the IMP and World Bank visit to Singapore during this month.

The Importance of September

In every year, there will be a few days where my 'Royal Highness' will be older than me and falls within the month of September every year.
We are turning 26 this year, and in September, she (Royal Highness) will be 26 first while I will still be classified 25, only for that mere few days!
Nevertheless, during the very important day when my Royal Highness celebrates her birthday, I will always make sure that it is a eventful and unforgetable one, so that for the rest of the year, she will spare my little peasant life from her tyranny!!

The Planning

For a week before the big day, I have been in a very depressed state. I could not focus well as my mind has been trying to think of what will be the best gift for my Royal Highness. This secret mission can only be undertaken during after office hours, when I do not have my running regime and when I do not have to meet her. Hence, I have to make sure that I make full use of my time. I had considered a watch, a dress, bling-bling, a wallet, a Nintendo DS Lite and even a spa treatment. However, they were all not suitable. I had not wanted to get some too cheap and make this seem insincere. I have presented watches before and getting a watch again will make it seem like 'hell, I got no time to shop, just get a bloody watch and f*** it!'. I also saw a dress which looked rather fine, however, unless I can guess her dimensions accurately, I don't wish to take the rish that she will have to return to change due to size mismatch. Jewelleries are out too, since I know what she needs and what she had. She just don't require anymore bling bling. She loves her self-bought vintage LV classic wallet, I doubt I can get her something better, furthermore, she had it for years and nothing beats the sentiments. I have seen girls tapping on the screens of a Nintendo DS Lite, and thought that some video games will get her in the groove. She might just support my decision of getting consoles. However, I realized that I had that idea mainly because I wanted to play it too, so out-the-window goes the DS Lite. 'Hey! A special spa treatment will be great!', but I recalled how she detest those pushy staff trying to get her to sign 'Contracts-of-Eternal-Bondage'. I am back to square one.

Conclusion: LOEWE

In the end, I decided that the final straw will be 'this'. And 'this' is what I have promised to get for her, many moons ago. 'This' will cost more than everything that I have thought of earlier. 'This', I am sure will leave her speechless and contended. The only reason that I have avoided 'this' is because of the price.
'Damn it! I am definitely ready for this!' I am ready for Loewe.
I have done my homework properly, I visited the boutique and looked around.
The classic suede design which I find the best-looking, was no longer available.
The new calf leather Amazona with embossed logo was horrible as well.
The sheep-skin catalog looks fine, but the price was not right for me.
Then, this couple came in, gave me a 'this-guy-can't-afford-it' look and the girl was trying out the Chivas handbag. She claimed that she like it and asked the price.
She thinked twice and decided to consider.
'That is just a bloody lame excuse that everyone including myself will use!'
But all thanks to her, I get to know the price of that Chivas bag is not too bad.
After a little examination, I swiftly ask the sales lady to bag it!
It is magical!
I could feel the wind, even buy holding the paper bag and walking on the warm weekday night.
Her Royal Highness got her present earlier and got to enjoy the 'wind' during her special day.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Although she really was quite mad that I splurged on it, but I insisted that a lady definitely got to get herself a decent bag. Do away with the big designer brands that are becoming common and 'friendly'. This Loewe Chivas is a medium sized handbag made of excellent quality calf leather. This natural colour is also the best form of the leather and doesn't make it look like a synthetic. I could really feel the strength and quality of the leather at first touch. Most importantly, this design is also a rare and is a variation of the more common Chivas series. I am really very contended by this purchase and my money is well spent.

Roses and Lilies

On the actual day, my Royal Highness took leave to relax herself at a face spa. I secretly sent a bouquet of her favourite roses and lilies and it was there waiting to surprise her.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

A Fine Dinner at IndoChine

I had earlier visited IndoChine along Clark Quay, thanks to Paul, my company's scientific director. The food there was excellent and the ambience was perfect. It left a really good impression in me. Hence, I decided that it is my duty to splurge on good food and good ambience on this particularly special day.

We visited the IndoChine at Asian Civilisation Museum and enjoyed a real good dinner al fresco style. Good food, good wine, good music and good ambience! We toasted this fantastic evening to fine Columbian Chardonnay. I already had in mind, to have their fantastic seabass. But we ordered red meat in the end. We had chargrilled baby octopus for starters.
The taste of this dish came mainly from the stock. The stock had a tangy taste and I believe is due to generous serving of fresh garlic and lemon juice. The rest of the taste came from their unique blend of herbs and spices.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

My Royal Highness had Beef Ragoût. The taste wasn't too fantastic tough it was nice.
The chargrilled beef stuffed together with asparagus and egg plant is grilled to the right texture and most of the moisture is being retained. It is neither too burnt or too raw. A light sauce with a mild sweet honey taste was drizzled over the ragoût to complete this dish, giving it a slightly different taste instead of just grilled meat.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I, personally, had ordered the Bo Dop Dalat or beef stew.
This stew lookslike beef rendang, but trust me, the taste is far better than beef rendang. The beef is stewed until the meat is all soft and tender. This makes tearing up the huge chunks of beef hassle-free. I believe that the base of this stew is tomato with a blend of herbs making it moderately spicy, midly sweet and yet not too sour. It was the sweetness of the tomato and enhanced my appetite. I definitely had not expected the taste to be so unique when I first saw the dish. The beef chunks are completely soaked with the stew and the meat had already absorbed all the flavour of the stew, such that even without dipping into the sauce, I could taste the stew ooze out from the meat at every bite.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

The presents were great, the food was excellent and most importantly, the both of us really enjoyed ourselves.
This is the kind of pleasure that I am very willing to provide to make my Royal Highness a very happy woman, on her very special day.
I definitely deserve giving myself a pat on the back!

technorati tags

Comments

Laurens said…
Wow!!!
So lich!!!