Golden Rooster hits home

Was downstairs grabbing dinner for myself, when I decided that I should give the revamped coffeeshop at 555 Ang Mo Kio Avenue 10.
I was surprised by the well-lit and clean environment (not for long), the theme is very modern as well.
The tenants were all new. Even the regular chinese stir-fry stall that I patronise since I was a kid, had moved. Sobs!
It is also now a 24hours coffee shop.
Most importantly, what should I have for dinner?
Look what is available!

Golden Rooster
I decide to try their special which is the
1/4 chicken with spaghetti - S$5.50
will this GR be a disappointment like Balestier's?
I say... NOT!

Their very own plastic carrier from the franchise chain, Tenderfresh.
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

1/4 spring chicken and spaghetti. A strong protein and carbohydrate diet. Let's ignore the sinful facts and enjoy the food.
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

I am extremely contended with the meal. It definitely beats the Balestier branch, two hands down. I strongly recommend this stall. The chicken is tasty with tender moist meat and crispy tasty skin. The pasta is cooked on the spot with a bolognaise sauce except that there are no big chunks of beef. The sauce contains champignon mushrooms, tomato, tomato base and finely ground meat (was that meat or what the hell was that?). The pasta is definitely very tasty for a western food chain store.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

A small portion of sinful greens to go along with the meal. Now you have greens, meat and staple.
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

The chicken was re-fried to regain the crisp and pack immediately. But it will melt the styrofoam box (like below). But fret not, they are prepared with a servette cushioned between the food and the foam. Still, paper packaging is a better choice.
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Now I have to increase the sessions of my workout regime if I am going to continue patronising this neighbourhood Golden Rooster.


technorati tags

Comments

Laurens said…
GIANZZZZZZ......