Mei Heong Yuen Dessert

I have earlier reviewed on traditional chinese desserts which can be found in chinatown. Tong Heng has been around for ages and have always pleased their customers with fantastic traditional chinese pastries especially their egg tarts.

Today, I review my trip to Mei Heong Yuen Dessert, another traditional chinese dessert shop located in Chinatown. Mei Heong Yuan can be found on along the junction of New Bridge Road and Temple Street, just beside Lucky Chinatown. You can hardly miss it the moment you step into Temple Street from New Bridge Road, as there will always be a crowd there queuing for tables or take-aways. There are a variety of desserts ranging from pastes to salted kueys (cakes).
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

This is the pumpkin kuey (cake) that my food review sidekick, nexus ordered. According to him, the kuey is like the chinese yam kuey and tasted great with their chilli.
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

I had the fu tzu (beancurd skin) yu mi (barley) with bai guo (ginko). It was quite a disappointment, when I could not find any visible fu tzu in my dessert and could just fish out 4 ginko nuts and a spoon full of barley from the soya milk. I blame it on the crowd and give them the benefit of the doubt.
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

The price there is around $2, which is not exactly very cheap neither is it too expensive. $2 is definitely more dispensable these days, so why not visit them and give it a try today!



Comments