Chuan Seng's Beef Noodle

It has been a while since I did a proper food review.
I shall not find excuses, I am either too busy to update my blog, or I have been having repeating the good food that I had reviewed.
However, I recently visited the Serangoon Garden Hawker Centre, where I frequent during my weekly jogging sessions, and found a not too eye-catching stall selling a fantastic beef noodle.
Chuan Seng FishBall Minced Meat Noodle Stall.
They were not reviewed by any food scouts from the media yet.
So I hereby claim, my discovery the first!
Instead of ordering their specialty teochew fishballs noodle,
I randomly ordered their beef noodle.
I thought it looked normal in the pictures, but since they did not have anymore teochew fishballs then and I do not really fancy regular fishballs, I decided to give the beef noodle a shot.
To my surprise, it was fantastic!
One of best beef noodles I had ever tasted!
I can daringly say, even better than the famous Thaksin Beef Noodles in Clementi or Original Hock Lam Beef Kway Teow.

Read on for more info....

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

The gravy is not like regular beef noodle that comes in a thick blackish sauce, neither is it like Thaksin Beef Noodle's clear light broth. The gravy comes in a rich and thick beef stew. Sipping the gravy is like drinking sup kambing (lamb stew soup). The taste is full-bodied and fragrant. It definitely left me wanting nothing more but this!

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Do not be mislead by the yew mee (thin egg noodle). The stall allows you to choose from their wide range of available noodle types. If you like beehoon (rice vermicelli), you can have it done in that as well.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

The only little drawback is that the beef chunks were done in a stew style, so they are no longer bloody juicy tender, the way I like it. The meat tends to be more fibrous and dry. You definitely need to dunk the meat in the gravy and chew the meat in the sauce.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

The stall on the left is where you can get the beef noodle. For easy identification, there is a beverage stall on its right with a gigantic green Carlsberg logo signboard.

technorati tags

Comments

Anonymous said…
If you like beef noodle, try the new Taiwan Beef Lamian stall at Blk 44 Holland Drive. It is on the 1st floor, on the left as you come in from the main entrance.The is only 1 niu rou mian stall there so you can't miss it.

Beef is so tender and soup is very fragrant, just like the niu rou mian you've tasted during NS in Taiwan.