Photography: Biopolis

Biopolis
One-North Park at Buona Vista
25th of November 2006

Photography by mybearbrick
Camera: Canon Ixus 40

Biopolis is the hub for all Life Science R&D and this is where I earn my living.
I was working overtime on Saturday morning and after work, around noon, I decided to take some pictures of the vicinity like what most touring scientists would do.
Views of and from the connecting SkyBridge.






Views from Biopolis Phase I. The existing phase, project by JTC.



Recently, this artisitic sculpture was moved to the Epicenter outside Matrix. I once commented that art is a thin line between trash and treasure. The effort was much more appreciated knowing that this is to commemorate the research efforts during the SARS period.
Sculpture: Structure of SARS Inhibitor Protein



Skybridge from below.



The upcoming Biopolis Phase II, a project by Ascendas. Though they were officially opened for some operations, there were still plenty of on-going construction.
Immunos and Neuros.



Another sculpture: The Leviathan Turns





More of the buildings. I was at the foyer in between Immunos and Neuros.



Expansion towards the rear for Biopolis Phase II.





Some angles of Biopolis that are so often not remembered.



A fish pond outside Centros.





Before I left the Biopolis compound, I was stopped by a walking security who was munching away. He told me that I need permisson from the estate owner for photography. I nodded and replied, 'Ok, I'll stop.' but I thought I don't need a Liscence to Shoot. I'm promoting our local R&D hub!

Leaving Biopolis and heading to Holland Drive, you will come across the Malaysian Railway which is still in use.




An interesting graffiti beside the railway track.



technorati tags

Comments

Laurens said…
sibei eng sia u..........