Hit by car for the 1st time!

DAMN!
I can never believe that such an unlucky thing can happen to me!
First ever in my lifetime!
When I was crossing the road to flag a cab just now, I was hit by a car!

CLICK ON POST LINKER BANNER TO READ ABOUT IT! GPGT!!!

I noticed that there was no more oncoming vehicles when I decide to cross Balestier road like what everyone does and how I do it all the time. I was in the first lane, when I saw an oncoming cab. I was facing the pavement, and flagged the cab with my left hand while continuing to walk to the pavement. Then all of a sudden, I was hit by a reversing car from my right side. I was in a state of shock! The car continued to move back and had my right foot trapped below the rear right wheel. The car came to a halt and the drive alighted to ask, "Are you alright!?"
"Please move your car forwards 'cos my foot is stuck and I cannot move."
The driver got back on and moved his car forwards.

By then, I was already sitting on the floor, not because on the impact, but because that I cannot move when I was trapped. The driver got off and helped me to pavement. I sat down, looked at my tathered shoe and thought that my toe was probably gone.


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I removed my socks and checked. I could still wriggle my toes and there is no visible redness. I felt a slight numb but not too serious to deter me from walking. The driver insisted that I check in to the nearest 24-hour clinic at Balestier Plaza, but they were closed. He insisted that he sent me to the hospital but I felt it was not too serious to go through the trouble. He gave me his card and asked me to contact him while he took down my phone number as well. I insisted that I am fine and will contact him should I need to see a doctor. He begged me to do so and get an x-ray, since he is working as an insurance advisor in an established insurance firm, and only felt that it was proper.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I walked back up to flag a cab after we split directions. Then he came back to me again and insisted that I take S$100 from him as medical compensation and he will top up the balance should it exceed. I refused as I thought it was not necessary and I never had the thought to visit a doctor at all. Upon persisting that I seek medical attention nevertheless, to give him a peace of mind, I accepted and agreed to do so. He told me that he was not concentrating as he had to fly off to another country to oversee his son's transplantation. I thought that this should really be the last thing that should worry him now. But he demanded that I seek medical attention and if necessary he will get his colleagues to visit me while he is away.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I understand that both parties have their bad day and are at fault, thus I was not really expecting too much attention on this, since I can still wriggle my toes. The pain is like I have just hit my feet against the wooden door. But nevertheless, I will visit the doctor, since he even offered to send me to the hospital tomorrow which I rejected.

I am no pansy, and I know that this is no big issue!
(should have remembered his car plate number and type... all my mind could register was a silver car... did I hit my head or something?)

Its just my bad day!

Comments