Revoltech #024: GAIKING

The latest of the Revoltechs in my collection are the No.024 GAIKING (大空魔竜ガイキング) from The Legend of Daiku Maryu, No.025 Megatron and G2 Saber. I have taken a while to do the shoots because I did not have my new DSLR until lately. I could have used my IXUS 40 to take them, but I thought that I would like to test out my D200 as well. I took this series with the Tamron 17-50mm f/2.8 instead of trying out the Sigma 10-20mm f4-5.6 since the latter being an ultrawide angle lens, is not suitable for this kind of shoot. I set the camera to f/8, matrix metering, ISO 800 and EV -0.3/-0.7. Apparantly, noise is minimum and it also allows me to shoot a 1/25s, minimizing hand shakes. The best part is that now, I have much more 'room' to do editing and I am able to post my pictures at 4R print resolution (1600x1200).One thing that plagued the pictures were the overexposed white areas. I could have turned down the EV to a full stop or slight more.

Gaiking piloted by Sanshiro, together with the crew of the transformable Daiku Maryu (Kargosaur) fought against the aliens from Zela. Daiku Maryu is a dinosaur-based carrier that provides support machines to form the Gaiking. One notable feature of the Gaiking that made it stand out among the rest of the anime robots, is its huge golden skull torso.



CLICK ON THE BANNER ABOVE TO ACCESS COMPLETE GALLERY




technorati tags

Comments