Laurens Pang Commencement Series

"... worried that you might overwrite the pictures in your memory card." I do not believe that those words came from Nexus's mum, since I believed that the basis of that quote seemed rather technical. Hence I suspected that it came from Nexus directly, whom should have just said, "Hey, you got your payment (in kind) and where are my photos!" I decided that I should pass him his TFCD today, to shut his gap once and for all.

I was invited to attend Nexus' Commencement Ceremony in the University Cultural Centre at National University of Singapore (NUS) on the 10th of July 2007. On that day, it was the graduation ceremony for the Electrical Engineering Department of the Faculty of Engineering. Since it came as an early request for a commission photo-shoot, I took a half-day off work for it. It feels good to be back on campus after almost a year after leaving NUS. No, I did not graduate from NUS, but I graduated from University of Melbourne (Unimelb). I had worked in NUS for two years before I left and joined a private company in Biopolis. Before I drift furthur into my employment history, I thought I should just post a few pictures (no intended to expose my brudder) of this series shot with my Nikon D200 with Tamron 17-50mm f/2.8 and SB-600.


Edited from an original picture that was shot with a plain wall as the background, to give it a studio-like effect, which I feel could be further improved. Comments?

Left pictures was edited to classical B&W, while right picture is not edited.

How do you find this composition? I had to lie down on the floor to take this shot to give it a dramatic-effect.

Comments

Laurens said…
Chio...but my folks posture abit not uniform... :(
Shaun said…
damn! pro bro can make anything look good!
WILLIAM TAN said…
hmmm... thats my mistake! as a photographer, I should make sure of such nitty gritties.
anyway your mum is more pro at posing for pictures that I have expected, at least better than her son...
WILLIAM TAN said…
Shaun said...
damn! pro bro can make anything look good!


I think I can work for advertising companies making slimming ads.
Oopss... ain't supposed to talk about that...
*shifty eyes, evil grin*
WILLIAM TAN said…
Arthur commented in this post,

Laurens said...
...the cobra looks cool too...the hair sculpt reminds me of my dad,lol


Now, can you relate to what he meant?
:D
Shaun said…
WILLIAM TAN said...
I think I can work for advertising companies making slimming ads.
Oopss... ain't supposed to talk about that...
*shifty eyes, evil grin*


You got your first commissioned assignment? Good for you pro bro!