Look what I have bought!

Do you really think that a whole day out with Nexus as well as visiting CSC and other hobby joints, and I've bought nothing!?
Impossible.
But I haven't bought any toys.

Belt from S&K
S$10.50 (U.P. S$15.00)
This reversible belt from S&K can be worn with 2 styles (see lower two images). Nexus claimed that the left is the wrong way, but I clearly remembered that I have seen the display worn it that way. The right is also correct.

DOLPHIN Submerged Filter Unit (SFU)
S$9.00
I thought my existing DOLPHIN submerged filter unit was dead as it was not pumping water out from its spout. Hence, I bought another DOLPHIN SFU. This SFU can pump water at a flow rate of 300L/Hr and airate the water by introduction of air during circulation. Upon inspection, I realised that this slight better SFU has got an additional carbon filter chamber, apart from the sponge filter in the bottom canister. Before I fixed it up, I fiddled with my old SFU and cleaned up the magnetically-driven turbine unit. Apparantly, it was the accumulated dirt that caused the SFU to stop moving. Now I have a spare MIB DOLPHIN SFU.
Keen on buying it? Drop me a mail.



Look what I have eaten yesterday...

Donut Factory
Suntec Shopping Centre
Courtesy of Nexus
Nexus just could not resist the urge for the sweet rings from the popular Donut Factory, so he went for the 'Not-so-Express' express queue (maximum of 2 pieces) to buy his fried flour rings doused with cups of sugar! He generously shared some with me, which I could feel it going to me arse, the moment I swallow a small chunk! *LOL* The real 'Get-Fat-Quick' meal replacement snack, is reasonably priced. But in terms of quality and standard, IMHO (so supporters please do not quote or flame me), it CANNOT BE COMPARED to Summerhouse Donut. Guess you didn't know that before Donut Factory was hyped up, there was Summerhouse Donut. I've had Summerhouse Donuts here, here and during The Simpsons Movie. You can 'feel' the content the moment you sink your teeth in them. So don't give them a miss, if you love the sugar rings.
Visit Donut Factory.

Peanut Dark Chocolate (left) and Strawberry White Chocolate (right).
I love it when the red juices flow into the valley of eternal whiteness.


CHUNG CHENG CHILLI MEE
Army Market, Beach Road Hawker Centre
While Nexus ended his urban sweet treats tour with a Belgian Chocolate Waffle which I recommended, I had my favourite Chung Cheng Chilli Mee for dinner. I have had it before as well.

I say for the price of S$3, it is sure worth it!

LJS
Capitol Building
We had our lunch at LJS. I refuse to even post the full name of this fast food joint! Used to be a favourite when it was S$2.90. But now, being a dollar more at S$3.90, you get POOR QUANTITY & QUALITY. Just look at the portion of french fries, they look like they were given out of sympathy! The chicken fillet shrunk in size, and the meat is rock-hard dry and the crispy crust had a stale oil stench! WTF! That really sucks! Even the other table complained about their food! This is the last of me visiting LJS!!


technorati tags

Comments

KENNY said…
Wow, your LJS meal looks pathetic.
WILLIAM TAN said…
yah man...i was shouting LJ non-stop! boycott that outlet bro!
WILLIAM TAN said…
mmm... Summerhouse donuts.....
Anonymous said…
Wow, that meal is pathetic.
WILLIAM TAN said…
yah, i think for S$3.90, I can pay for a few items that are more worthwhile, from the nearby Old Chang Kee. Fried squid heads, Sotong Wrap and Yam K8...

or buy a few good breads fromthe nearby Breadtalk.

LJS.... LJ!!!