Look what I have had! Toast & Stir-Fry

Look what I have had on Saturday evening.

Kaya toast and egg set from Pick & Bite at Marina Square.
Though this set is usually ordered during breakfast, I could not resist ordering one since I hardly take breakfast. There are a few bread types to choose from, but I ordered this tradtional style thick loaf. The crew immersed the eggs into a container of hot water, and tossed the bread over the electric grill to toast. The toast is very well done with a crispy exterior while soft inside. The butter between the kaya only started to melt only before I sink my teeth in it, so no messy fingers! The half-boiled eggs are very well done as well, without too much translucent white (sign of under-cooked) and hard yolk (sign of over-cooked). Together with a good cup of fragrant local coffee, this brought back the smirk on my face. A smirk of content!


Chinese-style Stir-fry at Lau Pa Sat.
I had stir-fry baby kailan, prawn-paste chicken and fried baby squids. I always visit the same stall at Lau Pa Sat, for they served the best prawn-paste chicken until yesterday. I was shocked when the prawn-paste chicken were not as 'red' as before. The baby squids tasted like they were drenched in ketchup. I was utterly disappointed! Boycott for the next few months to come! Give them ample time to repent about cutting cost!


technorati
tags

Comments

Laurens said…
This comment has been removed by the author.