Look what I have had!

I had lunch at Turkuaz Holland Village Turkish Restaurant with my ex-colleagues from NUS. It is located along Lorong Mambong, Holland Village, Singapore. Abel is leaving for training on a new appointment in US. So we decided to meet up for a last lunch meet before farewell. We all ordered sets which costs S$16.90 each. Read more about Turkuaz here.

The Evil Eye of Anatolia. Learn more about the Evil Eye!

Shisha is available here as well.

Starters, we had Saksuka which is a salad-like dish comprising of eggplant, zucchini, potato in tomato paste . Complimentary cheese and bread.

Salad that came with the set lunch. It has a tangy taste to it.

We also added a Turkish pizza for starters.

There really isn't much choice for the set lunch. Hence, we chose the Doner Kebab. The pita bread is very dense and surprising filling! The meat (lamb or chicken) are fragrant and without much sauce and just lettuce and olive oil, it makes the wrap tasty.

The sweets that came with the set lunch are Rice pudding and Mosaic cake. I do not have a sweet tooth, but they sure are unique from your regular western cakes. The rice pudding tasted very much like egg custard and you can actually feel the rice inside. I am not sure what is inside the Mosaic, but I sure tasted coffee.

That was good lunch! I had my dinner with Fio at another of our regular eatery, Macpherson Seafood Eatery along South Bridge Road. We ordered from among the regular grilled seafood set meals that costs between S$6.50 - S$7.50. I have never been disappointed by the tender stingray meat!

Stingray with sotong (squid) set - S$6.50

Greens are a must in every meal of ours.

Stingray with prawn paste chicken set - S$7.50

technorati tags

Comments

Laurens said…
Mmm......kebab......

Greens? Mai lai lah...lol
Anonymous said…
maybe the chicken kebab was meant to go with some dip as it was a bit dry. Don't suppose they believe in chilli sauce but it would have made it better.
KENNY said…
Arghh... I miss Singapore food already!
WILLIAM TAN said…
edna said...
maybe the chicken kebab was meant to go with some dip as it was a bit dry. Don't suppose they believe in chilli sauce but it would have made it better.

yes, its a bit dry. But the olive oil helped. But i liked it that way, than those that are drenched in mayo.
WILLIAM TAN said…
Kenny said...
Arghh... I miss Singapore food already!

eh? Kenny bro not in Sh*tapore?
KENNY said…
Someone hasn't been reading my blog eh? Haha.

I'm in da US of A now. Gonna be here for another 4months or so.

It's less than a week and I already miss Singapore food. O dear...
WILLIAM TAN said…
Kenny said...
Someone hasn't been reading my blog eh? Haha.

I'm in da US of A now. Gonna be here for another 4months or so.

It's less than a week and I already miss Singapore food. O dear...


yes... my bad... havent visited lately...
reading now!
I see you are really enjoying Buffalo!