Look what I have had! Chin Chin & Donut Factory

I visited Chin Chin Eating House along Purvis Street for dinner. Whenever I am in town and want to have some decent local food, I would visit Purvis Street for Hainanese cuisine. I am not a Hainanese, but I have grown to love Hainanese food. The best part is that the rates are more economical than visiting food courts or fastfood joints.

Claypot tofu (beancurd)
My favourite dish is no doubt the claypot tofu. Succulent shrimps, fresh fish slices, pork slices, cabbage, french peas, carrots, spring onion and fried egg tofu, braised in a thick tasty sauce.
Chicken with Cashew Nuts
This is the first time I am trying this dish. Diced chicken stir-fried with champignons, celery, cauliflower , green bell pepper, red chilli and chunky cashew nuts, in a sweet-tangy sauce.


We later visited Suntec City and was walking past Donut Factory, more like delibrately since it was rather out-of-the-way, when I decided to get 2 donuts from the vacant express queue while a string of buyers queued at the bulk-purchasing line. The express queue allows buyers to buy up to 2 donuts only. That is more than enough to make me feel guilty from the sinful sweet treats. I have bought the Lotus Mocha and Apple Cinnamon. The toppings are all very sweet, while the donut is rather too oily and have a strong smell/taste of re-used oil. This is the second time I tried Donut Factory's, though my first experience was not too bad. All in all, they are nice, but sure are sinful!
Of course, I shared the sin with Fio!

Lotus Mocha
A swirl of mocha lotus paste (i know what it looks like and prefer not elaborate on that) on a donut topped with coffee-flavoured chocolate cream.
Apple Cinnamon
Tiny apple bits surrounded by icing, tops the donut.

Technorati Tags:
, , , , , ,

Comments

Laurens said…
the brown swirl looks like poop!!!
WILLIAM TAN said…
Laurens said...
the brown swirl looks like poop!!!

u are just jealous! lol