NETUNE Hong Kong Dim Sum

Ask me if I have been a lover of dim sum? I say, "Of Course, I am!"
Having been to places like 126 Eating House, Red Star and Swee Choon.

Earlier this morning, I was with my folks at NETUNE Hong Kong dim sum stall at Marine Parade central hawker centre. If you need to locate this stall, it is beside the famous APOLO char kway teow. No, I have not got a spelling error. They are called NETUNE, instead of the expected word "NEPTUNE". No one would associate the name of planet to HK dim sum. Who cares as long as they serve piping hot dim sum for a good and hearty breakfast.

Free Image Hosting by FreeImageHosting.netFree Image Hosting by FreeImageHosting.netFree Image Hosting by FreeImageHosting.net
Free Image Hosting by FreeImageHosting.netFree Image Hosting by FreeImageHosting.netFree Image Hosting by FreeImageHosting.net
Top row, left to right: century egg porridge, char siew chee cheong fun.
Bottom row, left to right: fresh shrimp chee cheong fun, crystal dumpling, Hakka yong tau fu.



The century egg porridge is just the right taste. It does not come with huge chunks of century eggs, but does have a lot of fried 'cornflakes'. The 'made-to-order' chee cheong fun are soft and thin. It comes with two types of fillings, char siew (roast pork) and fresh shrimps. The chee cheong fun are drowned with a special recipe soy sauce that brings out the flavours of each. The crystal dumpling is filled with radish and dried shrimps. The clear skin is quite chewy. The Hakka yong tau fu is fried tofu (beancurd) with a fresh shrimp in the middle and topped with minced pork.

Despite suffering from severe food poisoning, two days back during my reservist training, I could not resist going for good food once I am back!

technorati tags

Comments