Goulasch and Seafood Aglio Olio. Back at "BENNY"!

After having the Cheesy Cordon Bleu at "Benny... Traditional Great Tastes™", I could not stop thinking about the other European cuisine served there, hence I decide to return on the very next day! I had the Beef Goulasch and Aglio Olio with Seafood.


Cheesy Pork Cordon Bleu. Click here to learn more about it.


Aglio Olio with Seafood

S$5.20
"Aglio Olio" means Garlic and Olive Oil. This spaghetti is stir-fried with garlic and olive oil, with green capsicums, carrots, mushrooms (not champignons) and seafood (squid rings, mussel and shrimps). The shrimps are fresh and succulent. I will usually prefer my pasta with cream, eg. Carbonara, but this Aglio Olio at "Benny" changed my opinion.



Beef Goulasch
S$5.00
The Beef Goulasch can either go with spaghetti (S$4.80) or apple salad and mashed potato. I chose the latter. I was a bit disappointed by portion which looked rather small. The beef chunks are stir-fried in a tomato basil sauce with garlic and champignons. I have had Goulasch before, the beef should be stewed, hence, the stir-fried beef chunks are rather tough.




Verdict

I would definitely recommend "Benny... Traditional Great Taste™" to anyone who loves to try something different, a taste of European cuisine, at cheap prices of less than S$6 per dish. The Aglio Olio is definitely much better than what you can get at budget pasta outlets. I will definitely prefer "Benny" for better tastes than the expensive "Pastamania". I was rather disappointed by the Beef Goulasch though, but I know that making a good beef goulasch would need a lot of time to stew the meat, something that I do not expect from "Benny", where the food is served swiftly in less than ten minutes! Make sure you visit "Benny... Traditional Great Taste™" today!

technorati tags

Comments

KENNY said…
Wow! Dining at Benny two days in a row? Seriously that good?
WILLIAM TAN said…
KENNY said...
Wow! Dining at Benny two days in a row? Seriously that good?

not restaurant quality good, but good enough for its price.
KENNY said…
Gotta try when I get back then.