Look what I've bought! "YOUCAN!" I Screamed!

For S$1, you can get an ice cream popsicle with a twist from your regular chocolate cone. These ice cream from YOUCAN Foods International Limited comes in a variety of interesting flavours, from Glutinous Rice with Green Bean to Spicy Vanilla and Baked Sweet Potato. Some comes with yogurt fillings and marble-cake coatings. These unique flavours definitely packs a punch! I first saw these brands in the convenience stores, and was wondering how these ice cream that originated from China, any different from out local Potong. I dare not try them back then, until last week, when I bought some from a mobile stall from my residential vicinity.

A box of six popsicles come in a YOUCAN-branded styrofoam box. I scored five different flavours and the kind lady serving me packed them in a box for me as well.
Left: "Kung-fu dou", Green Tea & Red Bean Ice Cream
Right: Fruitful Strawberry Ice Cream
Left: "Traditions Sesame Sensation", Black Sesame Ice Cream
Right: "Fruitful Melon", Honeydew Ice Cream
Left: "Passion Intoxicated-Love", Strawberry & Yogurt Ice Cream

TASTING SESSION

"Fruitful Strawberry" Ice Cream
The cuboidal block popsicle looks like a potong. An icy strawberry-flavoured coating surrounds the core. The denser coloured top of the ice cream is actually a thick real-strawberry syrup. The main core is milky vanilla ice cream.

"Traditions Sesame Sensation", Black Sesame Ice Cream
A creamy black sesame ice cream coating surrounds a core of savoury thick and viscous real black sesame paste. I have tried Hokkaido-made black sesame ice cream, but this is definitely new and unique! It is like having a traditional black sesame paste, thus its name.

"Fruitful Melon", Honeydew Ice Cream
Other than the exciting colours of green coating and orange core, this sweet and creamy honeydew flavoured ice cream have golden raisin bits embedded in the core.


"Passion Intoxicated-Love", Strawberry & Yogurt Ice Cream
If you like strawberry and yogurt, you will be 'intoxicated' by this popsicle. A creamy strawberry flavoured yogurt coating with strawberry bits, surrounds a core of strawberry-flavoured jam and yogurt! This is definitely the ultimate combo!

What about the "Kung-fu dou", Green Tea & Red Bean Ice Cream? I let my mum tried it and she consumed it before I could say 'cheese'! My mum only commented that this green-tea coated red-bean paste with real red beans ice cream popsicle is "SWEET!" (-_-)!!!
One point to make is that after having the popsicles, they made my saliva being rather thick and I needed to drown my throat with ample water. Though they are not premium and the best ice cream one can have, the interesting flavours are worth the try!

If you are wondering if I had all four popsicles at one go, don't worry, I am not a pig to do that. I had Fio eat them on different occasions while I snapped and sampled. That way, I feel less sinful! Mwahhahahaha!

Technorati Tags
, , , , , , , ,

Comments

Laurens said…
not bad,my mom bot b4....the black sesame nice
WILLIAM TAN said…
ke yi mai!