Look what I have had! Surf n Turf

Its '2-for-1' for OCBC card members with "FLAVOURS OCBC/creativEATeries The Perfect 10" promotion. Since it is expiring in a week's time, I thought I might as well use it. My 'shop bro' (arthur, nexus and laurens; they are all the same person!) and I had always wanted to try "Surf n Turf" at Suntec City Mall basement, but just could not bring ourselves to try it especially when the prices are competitive against the much preferred "Fish & Co.". But at a 'buy 2 for the price of 1' promotion, we can split the cost of one main and enjoy good food.

Baked Seafood Rice
S$19.90
Surf n Turf

Suntec City Mall
#B1-40/41 Fountain Terrace
The baked seafood rice is a recommended entree. Since the price is comfortable for the both of us. Fragrant fried rice topped tossed with squid rings, fresh shrimps and fish meat (to mock the texture of scallops), topped with mozarella cheese and baked till a golden brown.




Country Cutlet
S$18.90
The Country Cutlet is something different from your regular chicken cutlet or steak. The minced beef packed together into a thin patty, breaded and deep fried to a slightly overdone brown, topped with a light creamy mushroom sauce. On the sides are carbohydrate and some greens (lettuce, tomato and corn) to neutralise the grease.





Verdict
I had to ask for some Tabasco sauce halfway through. The taste of the fried rice in my Seafood Baked Rice was getting 'monotonous' such that I needed a little pepper sauce to spice it up. I was slightly complaining of the amount of salt used in the rice. I would prefer the Baked Rice at a certain ice-cream restaurant.
I got to try the Country Cutlet. The taste of the fried bread crumbs masked the taste of the minced beef, though a tinge of the natural beef taste still remained. The mushroom sauce and browned crust reminded me of "Benny's Cordon Bleu".
Nothing to spectacular, but a decent meal with the "2-for1" promotion.

technorati tags

Comments