EATZ: BBQ Chicken Joint: Korea's No.1 Chicken Restaurant

"Somebody stole Col. Saunder's receipe!"
Those were the words that I uttered when I sank my teeth into the a "Hot Drum" from "BBQ Chicken Joint"! "BBQ Chicken" is rapidly becoming a hit in Singapore. It was featured in the "Urban" supplement in January 10th "The Straits Times". I was immediately sold by the picture and need to try that out myself. I chose the outlet at Marina Square Food Loft (food court).


Hot Drum
from BBQ Chicken Joint, Marina Square Food Loft
S$6.80 (promo set)
S$5.50 for 1pc, S$8.50 for 2pcs, S$11.00 for 3pcs
The promotional set is definitely cheaper than the Hot Drum itself. The set includes 2 sides to choose from a range of carbos. There are mashed potatoes, baked potatoes, pasta, butter rice, apple salad and garden salad. I asked for garlic potato and apple salad. It came with the small crunchy white cubes which I believe (according to my tongue) to be pickled radish. The garlic potato is really tasty and soft. The garden salad includes chunks of cucumber, green grape and apple, is not heavily drowned in mayonnaise.

Up Close & Personal with the Hot Drum
I was told that the Hot Drum is really spicy and indeed they were damn spicy! I was also alarmed when I took a bite at the juicy tender chicken drumstick. It really taste like the crispy chicken from KFC, 100%! The only difference is that they have brushed a layer of powerful spicy sauce over the crispy golden skin.

Verdict
Good stuff! Possibly better than KFC. But the price really puts me back in Col. Saunder's ranks. Definitely worth the try! I would love to sample their "Teri-Q", "Ginseng Power Crisp", "Jerk BBQ" and "Korean Charboiled".
Maybe Korea really does not have KFC.... I begin to wonder.

technorati
tags

Comments

Anonymous said…
wah... so many food posts... haha...

price is ex... think KFC cheaper... bigger chicken n got drink somemore.