EATZ: "DON, Your Personal Pie Club" Serves Fabulous XO Crab Beehoon

25 China Street
Tel: 6536-0925
"Possibly the best pie I have had in Singapore and a 'damn-good' XO Crab Beehoon!"
for the benefit of my friend, Don.

Chicken Shephard Pie
S$4.80
(possibly revised as of 18th Feb 2008)

At prices around S$4-5 for a mini pie and S$15-16 for a 20cm large pie, it is definitely worth every cent! Especially when the fragrant crisp and flaky crust encapsulates a generous amount of tasty piping hot fillings! I have never eaten pie this fresh and crispy! They carry a range of fillings, from Black Pepper Chicken to savoury apple. I decided to try their signature Chicken Shephard Pie. Two thumbs up! I have changed my opinion of pies that are soggy and stingy on fillings.



XO Crab Beehoon
S$14.80
(possibly revised to S$18 as of 18th Feb 2008)
The last thing I would expect from a pie joint, is for them to serve such a local dish. Nevertheless, this dish has drawn in a lot of crowd, even the older generation. The portion is rather huge for a single adult, and was quite shocked when I see young kids with big families having one portion to themselves. An average-sized Sri Lanka crab simmered in a tasty broth flavoured with XO and ginger, served with greens and sauteed yam chunks. The crab meat is fresh, juicy and tender. Definitely a must try!
"simply crabilicious!"

Comments