EATZ: Choz Confectionery

Choz Confectionery
18, Toh Yi Drive #01-105
Singapore 590018
Tel: 6235 2281
Choz Confectionery is well reputed for their cakes with multiple endorsements by local celebrities, such as Zoe Tay, Vivian Lai, Ivy Lee, Lina Ong, Chew Chor Meng, Jack Neo, Hong Huifang, Huang Biren, Chen Liping, Pang Ling Ling and even Jazreel Low. My family received a box of assorted cakes from my cousin for their son, Dwayne Lim's full month celebration.
The box has 2-tiers with nine small cakes in each tier. The top tier is the "Tic-Tac-Toe" selections, while the bottom tier is assorted selections.
Retail: S$17.50/box
"Tic-Tac-Toe"
A cute series of sponge cakes in design and layout of the "Tic-Tac-Toe" game.
Assorted Selections
My cousin picked the "Swiss Roll" (aka towel roll), "Fruit Tart" and "Heart-shaped Cake".

Verdict
I had very high expectations when I first received this box of cakes. I was so excited that I need to snap some pictures of them in their lovely layout before putting them into my greedy mouth. The "X" cakes from "Tic-Tac-Toe" is very soft and spongy. However, I was expecting chocolate but turns out to be rather plain sponge cake. The sweetness and taste came from the white chocolate "X". When I took my first bite on the "O" from "Tic-Tac-Toe", I thought it was "Kueh Bahulu" (aka "Kueh Baulu") rather than sponge cake. The yellow spot which I believe is marmalade added a different taste to it. The "Swiss Roll" is very soft and filled with thick strawberry jam.
As I have mentioned, I have expected more, but sadly it did not live up to my expectations. I was expecting the sponge cakes to have a more 'eggy' taste and the "X" cake to taste like its color (Chocolate), in agreement with others who tasted. Then again, tastes are acquired and subjective. I would anytime chose my neighbourhood confectionery "Pine Garden", which has a long history in my vicinity and has seen became a much adored place by wedding couples, parents of newborns and even the media. Nevertheless, I believe with the multiple endorsements, you can't go wrong ordering from Choz Confectionery.

technorati
tags

Comments

Anonymous said…
might not live up to expectations but can play tic-tac-toe with it :p