EATZ: Teochew Bakso Fishball Noodles

I would never have fishball noodles for any meal because I believe that they all taste the same, bad! But after seeing the long queues at Teochew Bakso at People's Park Cooked Food Centre, I had to order one to try. There was not much choice, no minced meat mushroom, no mini-pot noodles, just Bakso Kering (Fishball) with Mi (mee pok), Mi Kia (thin noodles) or Kway Teow (rice noodles), in soup or dry. I had to change my opinion of Fishball Noodles forever!

Shown here is the $4 version with a huge bowl of noodles with 5 huge fishballs and 4 thin slices of fish cake.

Verdict
The fishballs are very springy and crunchy. The fish cake was nothing too fantastic, but the noodles are probably the reason for the crowd. The egg noodles and its simple blend of sauces is heavenly! Cannot really imagine that from simple fishball noodles in hawker foodfare. The noodles have a slightly stronger alkaline taste and reminded me a lot of having noodles in Hong Kong. I wonder if Bakso means "BALLS..... either way, Teochew Bakso's Fishball Noodles definitely changed my opinion of the plain and common fishball noodles. There is only one fishball noodles that I will have for breakfast, lunch, dinner and supper. That will be Mi Bakso Kering at Teochew Bakso. Double thumbs up for the cheap price (S$3-S$4) and fantastic taste!

Teochew Bakso
Blk 32 New Market Road
#01-1086 People's Park Cooked Food Centre
Singapore 050032
Getting there: nearestNEL MRT station : Chinatown

Comments